Your car is valuable to you. In fact, it probably represents one of your most expensive investments. To protect all you’ve put into your vehicle, you need auto insurance. Car insurance is there to protect you from financial losses because of accidents you cannot control. If you have a wreck or other accident, your insurer agrees to pay for some or all the vehicle’s damage and other losses. For the simple cost of a policy premium, you’ll have financial security in case of unfortunate mishaps.
Drivers have choices about what’s in their policies. Most can contain a variety of protections:
- Liability Insurance: Insures you against damage you cause others if you are at-fault in a wreck
- Bodily injury liability coverage pays for their medical bills (and in some cases deaths)
- Property damage liability pays for damage to the other driver's property, like their car.
- Collision Insurance: Covers damage to your own vehicle after a wreck
- Comprehensive Insurance: Pays for damage from non-accident mishaps, like weather damage.
- Medical Coverage: Pays for your medical bills and those of your passengers.
- Uninsured/underinsured Insurance: Insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn't have appropriate liability coverage.
- Other coverage offers help for roadside assistance and rental car coverage.
You'll enjoy being out on the open road even more when you're not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Many factors can play a role in determining what your insurance costs will be such as your age, your driving record, where you live and the type of motorcycle you own, or being a graduate of a rider-training course.
Here are a few things to consider:
- If you're in an accident or your motorcycle is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or a passenger is injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your motorcycle is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Your motorcycle may be one of your most prized possessions. It deserves special protection.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Home and auto insurance policies may provide limited coverage for personal watercraft. Talk to your insurance representative about coverage limits. You may want to consider purchasing a personal watercraft policy to protect yourself and your water vehicle in the event of an accident.
Watercraft and boat insurance covers:
- If you're in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Your watercraft also needs protection when it's on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
- Your policy would also include coverage for bodily injury, property damage, and theft